Pet Cancer Awareness
• About half of dogs over the age of 10 will develop cancer. In some breeds, the mortality rate is 50% or higher. (By comparison, 41% of people will be diagnosed with cancer during their lifetimes.)
• About 50% of canine cancers are curable with surgery, chemotherapy or radiation.
• About 25% of cancers are controllable, meaning treatment will help to extend life and improve quality of life.
10 Warning Signs of Cancer - See Your Vet
• Abnormal swellings that persist or grow
• Sores that don't heal
• Weight loss
• Loss of appetite
• Bleeding or discharge from any body opening
• Offensive odor • Difficulty eating or swallowing
• Hesitation to exercise or loss of stamina
• Persistent lameness
• Difficulty breathing, urinating or defecating Follow the link below for more information.
Saltgrass Retriever News